Hey all! I’m so glad to be blogging again! These several weeks have been particularly difficult to find any time to blog. I tend to blog when kids are out with Daddy, or at night after everyone is asleep. These days, I K.O. the same time as them! And with new activities (and events) fitted into our family schedule, I’ve haven’t had me-time or even couple time. I should have this issue resolved…but in the meantime…*deep breaths*
Previously, I shared 7 easy peasy DIY activities for your children. Here are another 2 more boredom busters for the family.
Skittles Candy Science Experiment
This Skittles candy experiment is really easy! Only 3 items needed.
- Hot water
- White shallow dish or bowl
- Arrange skittles around the edge of the shallow dish. A white dish is the best as it allows you to see the colours beautifully.
- Pour hot water onto the centre of the dish.
- Watch the colours as the Skittles dissolve in water!
Hannah didn’t want to eat Skittles anymore after the experiment. She didn’t like the fact that all those colours go into her tummy.
Note: Don’t move the dish otherwise it won’t look as pretty. Elijah was shaking the dish so our colours were mixed up.
Paper Elephant Blower
I saw this cute paper Elephant blower craft on 5-Minute Crafts. Couldn’t resist trying!
- Paper – 2 triangles, long rectangle
- Fold in the top part of the triangle slightly. Do it for both triangle pieces.
- Take one triangle; spread glue on entire paper.
- Place straw on the folded area extending to the base of the triangle piece.
- Stick part of the rectangular paper on the folded area (covering straw). The rest of the rectangle should be sticking out (as the elephant’s trunk).
- Cover with another triangle; with folded areas matched together.
- Fold down the corners of the triangles to make the elephant’s ears.
- Draw the elephant’s eyes and trunk. You can cut smaller triangles for its tusks.
- Curl the elephant’s trunk by rolling the rectangular paper tightly around a marker.
- Pull out the marker.
Coming up…MORE DIY activities in minutes!