This is one of my many posts that is long over due. We just returned from overseas and with so many things on hand right now, I’m struggling to keep up with my posts.
We finished Noah’s Ark last month. Here’s a quick recap of what we did.
We sang several nursery rhymes and songs relating to water, rain or boat. Songs like, “row, row, row your boat” (we learned the Mandarin version), “It’s raining, it’s pouring”, “Rise and shine” and “Rub-a-dub-dub”. An empty diaper carton became our tub as we sang “Rub-a-dub-dub”, and our little “ark” as we imagined ourselves as Noah, filling the ark with animals.
2) Building a sail boat
We made a sail boat using construction paper, a jar lid, straw and some play dough. Then, we tried sailing the boat about in Hannah’s bath tub by splashing the water around. You can refer to the instructions for the sail boat at Enchanted Learning.
3) Reading stories on Noah, boats and rain
Our book titles:
- The Two-By-Two Band by David Flavell
- The Boy Who Built The Boat by Ross Mueller
- Little Bear’s Little Boat by Eve Bunting
- Rise and Shine! illustrated by Tim Warnes
- Dick and Jane Series – Who Can Help?
- 帽子先生和他的独木舟 – 文图热罗姆·吕利耶 ; 翻译宋美慧
- 藏猫猫的水滴 – 拉赫, 路德维克