Do you sometimes find it difficult to explain bible lessons to your young child?
Sometimes, bringing across what it means to have faith, self-control or love isn’t easy. I have found it easier to share the lessons with accompanying story books. This is to complement the bible stories we have read during the week.
Here are some of the books we have enjoyed and are easily available in the libraries.
Bible story: The Lord’s prayer (Matt 6:9-13)
- The Lord’s Prayer illustrated by Richard Jesse Watson and commentary by Rick Warren
- Count My Blessings 1 Through 10 by Salina Yoon
- The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss
Bible story: Prodigal Son
- Katy Duck Dance Star by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
- Welcome Home, Mouse by Elisa Kleven
Theme: Be thankful
Bible story: Creation Day 6
- Thank God for everything by August Gold
- Count my blessings 1 through 10 by Salina Yoon
- You are special by Max Lucado / 你很特别 (Mandarin version)
Theme: Showing kindness and love to those around you
Bible stories: Zacchaeus, The Good Samaritan
- The Story Blanket by Ferida Wolff
- Emily’s Sharing and Caring Book by Cindy Post Senning and Peggy Post
- 萝卜回来了 (Radish Returns Home) by 方轶群
Bible story: Creation Days 1-6
- Traces by Paula Fox
- At Break of Day by Nikki Grimes
- One Nighttime Sea by Deborah Lee Rose
See if you find this helpful when sharing bible lessons with your little ones.